Pictures for the Prospect Union.

[The following editorial is taken from the Prospect Union Review which was issued yesterday, in order that the suggestion offered may be brought more prominently before members of the University. Any pictures contributed will be forwarded to the Prospect Union if left at the CRIMSON office any evening after seven o'clock].

"At a recent meeting of the Executive Committee (of the Prospect Union) it was suggested that it would add greatly to the pleasure and benefit of those using the reading room if more pictures could be procured and hung upon the walls. It would not be necessary for these pictures to be valuable as works of art, but merely as appealing to the patriotism, loyalty and love of liberty of the members of the Prospect Union. It was thought that pictures of men and women identified with the history of our own country, scenes of famous battles, etc., would be appropriate. It seems to us that the suggestion is a good one but unfortunately the union has not enough money to carry it out. A great deal might be accomplished, however, if college men and others would be willing to lend a helping hand by giving us such pictures as they could spare."