Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

University Calendar.

May 19. Sunday.

December 13. Sunday.Appleton Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Rev. P. S. Moxom, D. D., of Springfield.

Students of the University should enter at the south side-door. Officers of the University and their families enter at the north side-door. The public are admitted at the front doors. Seats are reserved for members of the University until 7.25 p. m.

Weekday morning prayers begin at 8.45 a. m. No seats are reserved.

Rev. P. S. Moxom will conduct prayers from December 14 to December 19.

The preacher conduting prayers may be found at Wadsworth 1 every week-day during his term of service.

14. Monday.President and Fellows of Harvard College. Meeting at No. 50 State St., Boston, 10.30 a. m.

Lecture. The History of Classical Studies. VIII. Professor Allen. Harvard 1, 2.30 p. m.

Seminary of American History and Institutions. Review of Harding's Federal Constitution in Massachusetts. Dr. F. E. Haynes. University 23, 3.30 p. m.

Seminary of Economics. The Woolen Manufacture and the Tariff. Mr. A. T. Lyman. University 23, 4.30 p. m.

Harvard Religious Union. The Problem of Conformity. Mr. W. A. Neilson. Parlors of the First Parish Church, 6.45 p. m.

15. Tuesday.Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Meeting at University 5, 4 p. m.

English 6. Oral Debate. Harvard 1, 3.30 p. m.

Question: "Resolved, That in States where the negro population is equal to or greater than the white, Constitutional provisions tending toward a temporary disfranchisement of the negroes have been, and are, justifiable."

Principal Disputants.- Affirmative: F. S. Bayley '97 and J. S. Bryan '97.- Negative: G. P. Drury '97 and R. C. Davis '97.

Open to all students of the University.

Geological Conference. Papers: The Elaeolite-Syenite of the Serra Monchique in Portugal (review), Dr. F. L. Ransome.- The Ifinuence of Initial Fracture and Rate of Compression in Mountain-Building (illustrated by models). Mr. T. A. Jagger. Geological Laboratory, Room 2, M. Z., 7.45 p. m.

Open to all members of the University.

Lecture. Early History of Virginia and the other Southern Colonies. IX. The Carolinas and the Frontier. John Fiske, LL.D. Sanders Theatre, 8 p. m.

Open to the public.

16. Wednesday.Divinity School Conference. Divinity Chapel, 4.30 p. m.

Freshman Debating Club. Debate. Sever 11, 7 p. m.

Question: "Resolved, That Government control of railroads would be for the best interests of the people."

Principal Disputants.- Affirmative: B. Brooks and P. A. Atherton.- Negative: T. H. Whitney and R. C. Hatch.

All Freshmen are cordially invited.

17. Thursday.English 6. Oral Debate. Harvard 1, 3.30 p. m.

Question: "Resolved, That presidential electores should be chosen by districts instead of by a general ticket."

Principal disputants.- Affirmative: H. B. Mackintosh and W. L. Rumsey.- Negative: J. Noble and P. K. Walcott.

Open to all students of the University.

Vesper Service. Appleton Chapel 5 p. m.

Open to the public.

The front seats are reserved for students and for officers of the University and their families, until 4.55.

Vesper services will be held in Appleton Chapel each Thursday afternoon in term time until further notice.

Harvard Christian Association. Monthly Missionary Meeting. Rev. J. S. Chandler. Holden Chapel, 6.45 p. m.

All members of the University are invited to be present.

Symphony Orchestra Concert. Sanders Theatre, 7.45 p. m.

18. Friday.The College Debating Club. Five minute Speeches on Napoleon, Wellington, Hawthorne, Tennyson, and other Famous men. Sever 6, 3 p. m.

Mr. Copeland will criticise the speeches in regard to both substance and form.

Open to students of Harvard College and the Law School.

Divinity School. Christmas Service. Mr. J. H. Jones. Divinity Chapel, 7.30 p. m.

Open to the public.

Physical Colloquium. Fluorescence and Phosphorescence. Professor Sabine. Jefferson Physical Labortory, Room 23, 5 p. m.

Harvard Forum. Debate. Harvard 1, 7.30 p. m.

Question: "Resolved, That a system of evening recitations should be instituted at Harvard."

Principal Disputants.- Affirmative: J. M. Letterle Sp, and V. Taylor Sp.- Negative: W. B. Truesdell '97 and W. L. Leighton Sp.

All members of the University are invited to speak.

Open to the public.

Harvard Union. Debate. Sever 11, 7.30 p. m.

Subject: "Resolved, That the range of lecture hours in Harvard University should be extended by the adoption of a system of evening lectures."

Principal Disputants.- Affirmative: S. Robinson '98 and D. Fales, Jr., '97.- Negative: W. Buck '97 and G. R. Stobbs '98.

Open to the public.

Graduate Philosophical Society. The Theory of Evil. Psychological Laboratory, Dane Hall, 7.45 p. m.

Open to all members of the University holding an academic degree.

Graduate Club. Life as a Fine Art. D. Lewis G. Janes. 168 Brattle St., 8 p. m.

Open only to members of the club and invited guests.

Lecture. Early History of Virginia and the other Southern Colonies. X. Advance into the Great Woods. John Fiske, LL.D. Sanders Theatre, 8 p. m.

Open to the public.

Appleton Chapel-Sunday Evening.Dec. 13.- Rev. Philip S. Moxom, D. D., of Springfield.

Dec. 20.- Rev. Francis G. Peabody, D. D., of Cambridge.

Dec. 27.- Christmas Recess. No service.

Symphony Concerts.Thursday evening, Dec. 17, Dec. 31, 1896; Jan. 14, Feb. 4, Mar. 4, Mar. 18, Apr. 8, Apr. 29, 1897.