The '96 Yale Game.

Nothing has been finally done about the Harvard-Yale '96 baseball game, as the terms have not been settled on as yet. In regard to this the manager of the Harvard '96 baseball nine has sent the following letter to the manager of the Yale junior nine:

CAMBRIDGE, May 1, 1895.John K. Berry, Esq.:

DEAR SIR: - Yours of the 28th of April at hand and in regard to terms I would say that we shall be unable to guarantee you your entire expenses as you suggested in your letter.

However, we will guarantee you seventy-five dollars to defray your expenses and give you half the net gate receipts of the game. This is the best we can do for you, but I hope you will be able to accept these terms.

The Athletic Committee has requested me to say that if this game should be played it in no way establishes a precedent for games to be played between the upper classes of Yale and Harvard, as they probably will not again allow such a game to be played.

Please inform me at your earliest convenience of your decision.

As I said in my last letter, the other day we can play is Saturday, May 11.

Yours truly,

E. ROSCOE MATHEWS,Manager H. U. '96 B. B. C.