MEMORIAL DAY.

Plans to Make the Exercises this Year of Especial Interest.

The committee of the senior class appointed to arrange the exercises in Saneers Theatre on Memorial Day have nearly completed their plans. It is the intention this year to have the exercises of more than usual interest and of such a nature that they will appeal especially to all Harvard men, both graduates and undergraduates, in this vicinity. The letter which is printed below, and which has been sent to a large number of graduates explains the nature of the exercises in detail:

"DEAR SIR: - You are cordially invited to take part in a chorus of male voices on May 30th, Memorial Day, in honor of the Harvard students who fell in the war.

"The songs will be commemorative of the spirit which inspired those men in whose honor the service is held; and in order that the songs may be sung with enthusiasm it is hoped that a large number will give their aid.

"The chorus will be formed of such veterans as have voices and past members of the Glee Club, and will be under the direction of Mr. George L. Osgood '66.

"Announcements of the time and place of rehearsals will be made in the Boston and New York papers, and the music to be sung will be printed and distributed before May 20th.

"Seats on the stage will be reserved for members of the chorus.

"Mr. Justice O. W. Holmes will deliver the address.

"Will you kindly signify your intentions on the enclosed postal card?

"Faithfully yours,HENRY L. HIGGINSON,WILLIAM H. FORBES,JOHN K. PAINE,GEORGE L. OSGOOD,NORWOOD P. HALLOWELL,JOHN HOMANS,HENRY LEE,WARREN A. LOCKE.E. W. FORBES,

E. J. HOLMES,

R. WALCOTT,

Student Committee."

About fifty of those to whom the above invitations have been sent have already signified their acceptance and as present members of the Glee Club will also take part the chorus will probably number at least seventy-five voices.