Trilbys Win.

The final game for the scrub championship was played on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon between the Trilbys and the Pops. The game resulted in a victory for the Trilbys by the score of 22 to 13.

The game was going in favor of the Pops up to the seventh inning. In the seventh Kingsbury weakened and allowed seven hits with a total of eleven bases. In this inning the Trilbys had thirteen men at bat. The Trilbys increased their lead in the eighth, when Breed made a home run with three men on bases. In this inning the Trilbys batted through the list, and in the ninth ten men were at bat.

The Trilbys won through their ability to hit the ball. They made twenty hits, while the Pops only made eleven. The Pops led in errors; they had seventeen, while the Trilbys only had twelve.

Monroe at second was very weak, as the score shows. He made seven errors. Porter caught well, but his hitting was rather weak. Thomas ,at first, was handicapped by having a lame leg which prevented him from doing as well as he did in the other games. Merriman, by misjudging Breed's high fly made himself responsible for four of the Trilbys' runs.

For the Trilbys, Jenney pitched a good, steady game and was well supported by Kubli. Clark filled his position at centre well and captured several difficult fly balls. His home run in the eighth brought in four runs. Davis played a good all-round game, making several difficult stops.

On the whole, the scrub series of games has been productive of much good this year. They have given exercise to a large number of men who would otherwise have had no incentive to take exercise.

The score of yesterday's game is as follows:

TRILBYS.

A. B. R. B. P. O. A. E.

Goodwin, s.s. 6 4 3 0 2 3

Clark, c.f. 7 3 3 4 0 3

Starbuck, 2b. 7 3 1 4 1 3

Kubli, c. 7 1 1 9 3 1

Davis, 1b. 7 1 2 8 0 1

Jenney, p. 6 3 2 0 1 0

Shackford, 3b. 6 2 3 1 3 1

Lentz, l.f. 6 2 2 0 0 0

Breed, r.f. 5 3 3 1 0 0

- - - - - -

Totals, 57 22 20 27 10 12

POPS.

A. B. R. B. P. O. A. E.

Monroe, 2b. 6 2 3 7 2 7

Porter, c. 5 1 1 7 3 0

Cotton, l.f. 6 0 1 2 0 0

Thomas, 1b. 5 0 0 9 1 1

Vincent, 3b. 4 2 1 1 2 2

Merriman, c.f. 5 1 1 1 2 2

Jones, s.s. 5 3 3 0 2 5

Kingsbury, p. 5 2 1 0 1 0

Morse, r.f. 4 2 0 0 0 0

- - - - - -

Totals, 45 13 11 27 13 17

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Trilbys, 1 0 1 0 2 0 7 5 6 - 22

Pops, 1 2 2 1 0 0 3 0 4 - 13

Earned runs - Trilbys 6, Pops 4. Home runs - Clark, Breed, Monroe. Three base hits - Vincent, Jones. Two base hits - Cotton, Jones, Davis. Bases on balls - Porter, Vincent, Morse, Jenney, Breed. Struck out - Monroe, Cotten, Thomas 2, Jones, Kingsbury, Morse, Starbuck, Kubli, Lentz 3. Umpires, Slade and Jutten. Time, 2h. 30m.