New Offices Created.

Since the death of Mr. Frank Bolles his office of Secretary of the University has been left vacant. The work which he started in the nature of an employment bureau for graduates and undergraduates has been carried on and developed by the Assistant Secretary, Mr. Richard Cobb. The amount of work has increased so much that it has become imperative to separate the duties of general correspondence from those of the intelligence bureau. Recognizing this fact the Corporation at their last meeting created two new offices in the place of the old office of Secretary, namely those of Corresponding Secretary and Recording Secretary. Mr. Cobb has been appointed to the former office and Mr. Byron S. Hurlbut to the latter. Mr. Cobb will retain charge of the general correspondence before attended to by the Secretary. Mr. Hurlbut will take up the employment bureau work which will be carried on more effectively and systematically than has been possible hitherto, and in addition will act as recording secretary for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and for the University Council.