Republican Mass Meeting.

The Republican Club held a mass meeting in Upper Massachusetts, last evening, which was attended by over 300 students. R. C. Davis, president of the club, conducted the meeting and announced that an arrangement had been made with the colleges of this vicinity for a parade of college Republican clubs to take place in Boston during the last week in this month. He also read a letter from the Republican State Committee stating that body would assist only those organizations which are strictly Republican, and would assist the Harvard Republican Club as much as possible. L. L. Gillespie, treasurer of the club, announced that the membership was about 500 and that the club was on a sound financial basis. The principal business brought before the meeting, excepting the elections of vice-presidents from the Law and Graduate Schools and the Freshman class, was the resolution offered by W. S. Youngman and adopted by the club to place in the hands of the executive committee for decision the advisability of sending one or more Harvard men to speak for a week in the doubtful states.

The speakers of the evening were F. R. Steward, J. P. Warren, C. A. Duniway, W. S. Youngman and J. P. Parker. The speeches emphasized the prominence of Harvard men in crises of the past and the need of assuming responsibility and working for the Republican platform and candidates at present.

The election of vice-presidents resulted as follows: From the Graduate School, A. H. Brewer and J. P. Warren; from the Law School, W. H. Cameron, F. Draper, R. M. Townsend, T. Spalding and F. R. Steward; from the Medical School, W. C. Howe, W. C. Bailey, S. W. Allen, T. J. Manahan and Y. C. Hancock; from the Freshman class, W. Clough, A. Rice, R. Bliss, J. Wilson and R. Livermore.