DEPARTURE OF THE ELEVEN.

Work of the Squad Taken to Cornell-The Final Practice.

The work of the 'varsity eleven yesterday afternoon consisted chiefly of signal practice, although the first and second elevens lined up for two ten-minute halves at the end of the practice.

Waters, Newell and A. Brewer, who coached the first eleven, paid particular attention to the interference and used several plays in which Bouve and Haughton were taken behind the line and were both run with the ball and used in the interference. Brewer coached the ends individually and Newell played for a while opposite Sargent, who was again put in at left tackle on the first eleven.

Cabot and Haughton were both injured in the practice, but both will begin the Cornell game on Saturday. Norton Shaw played his position during the signal practice, although Jaffray soon took his place in the line-up.

After the teams lined up the play was hard and fast. The first eleven scored once, during the first half, but was enabled to do this largely through the offside play of the second eleven. Dunlop and Mills distinguished themselves, the former by two runs of fifteen yards between end and tackle and the latter by blocking two of Brown's kicks.

Capt. Wrightington was unable to play owing to his bad knee; his place was taken by Cozzens who rushed well with the ball, and tackled finely.

The first eleven lined up as follows: Cabot, (Lewis), l. e.; Sargent, l. t.; Bouve, l. g.; F. Shaw, c.; N. Shaw, (Jaffray), r. g.; Haughton, (Swain), l. t.; Moulton, r. e.; Beale, q. b.; Cozzens, l. h. b.; Dunlop, (Warren), Hurley), r. h. b.; Brown, (Dibblee), f. b.