CORNELL GAME.

Captain Wrightington Will be Unable to Play.

This afternoon, in Ithaca, the Harvard football team plays Cornell and a close contest is expected. The Cornell team is reported to be much stronger than that of last year, both in the line, which is much heavier than before, and back of the line, where Beacham and McKeever are playing a brilliant game. For the past few days the practice has been secret, so that it cannot be told just how far team work has been developed, but the material is certainly above the average and Cornell is in hopes of a close game, if not a victory.

The Harvard team, on the other hand, owing to the injuries of Wrightington, Cabot and Haughton, is in poor condition for a hard game. It was found that Wrightington's knee was more seriously wrenched than was at first supposed. He has had an operation performed, and will not be able to play for some time Cabot and Haughton may not be able to last through the game.

The game, therefore, will probably be stubbornly contested, though the final outcome is hardly open to doubt.

The Harvard line-up will be as follows:

Cabot, l. e.

Mills, Sargent, l. t.

Bouve, l. g.

F. Shaw, c.

J. N. Shaw, r. g.

Haughton, r. t.

Moulton, r. e.

Beale, q. b.

Cozzens, Warren, l. h. b.

Dunlop, r. h. b.

Brown, f. b.

Beale will act as field captain. The officials will be as follows: Referee, Paul Dashiel, Lehigh; umpire, Dr. Schoff, Pennsylvania; linesman, H. B. Pratt, Amherst.