HARVARD, 13; CORNELL, 4.

The Crippled Eleven Plays Well.- Brown Kicks a Goal from the Field.

Harvard defeated Cornell in two thirty-minute halves, Saturday, by the score of 13 to 4.

Considering the crippled condition of the Harvard team, the work was not at all discouraging. Wrightington, Cabot, Cozzens and Wheeler were out of the game, and Moulton had to retire on account of injuries. The play was further weakened by temporary injuries to Beale, both Shaws and Sullivan. Cornell's score was made on Dunlop's blocked kick. A wire fence prevented his standing the needed distance behind the line, otherwise the kick would have been successful. Harvard was stronger on the defensive than on the offensive, securing the ball five times on downs; while Cornell secured it only once on downs. This was on her own ten-yard line. Harvard also outclassed her opponents in kicking as well as team work.

For Harvard, Bouve and the Shaws were invincible in the centre, and Haughton, Beale, Mills, Sullivan and Dunlop played strong games. Brown's drop kick goal from the 35-yard line was a feature of the game, although his punting was generally erratic.

Harvard won the toss and chose the east goal with the wind. Fennell kicked off to Brown on Harvard's 10 yard line. Brown returned to McKeever, who fumbled, giving Harvard the ball on Cornell's 45 yard line. After another punt Tracy fumbled 10 yards from Cornell's goal and Lewis got the ball. Sullivan and Dunlop were given the ball, but Harvard lost the chance to score on downs.

Brown, Tracy and Fennell here had a kicking contest and Harvard got the ball on off-side play at Cornell's 35 yard line. After failure to advance by Sullivan and Brown the ball was passed to the latter for a kick. He dropped the ball but quickly recovered it and kicked the goal. Score, 5 to 0.

After more punting Cornell got the ball on Harvard's 40 yard line and by steady rushes advanced it to the 15 yard line, where Harvard held for four downs. Brown kicked and Harvard got the ball on a fumble in the centre. Dunlop and Brown brought the ball to the 20 yard line by short rushes. Then Sullivan passed Leuder for a touchdown. Beale failed on the kick-out. Score, 9 to 0.

The ball remained in Cornell's territory for the remainder of the half. Brown missed a try at goal from the 30 yard line just before time was called.

In the second half, the wind had died down somewhat. After Cornell scored as already described, Harvard kicked off. After several downs Sullivan made a brilliant run of 30 yards.

This brought the ball to the 15-yard line. Brown and Dunlop then made the distance. Brown missed the goal. Score, 13 to 4.

During the rest of the game the ball was in Harvard's territory. Mills made a 50-yard run, but was called back for offside play. Harvard was making steady gains when time was called.

The line up:

HARVARD. CORNELL.

Cabot, Lewis, r.e. l.e., Lee.

Mills, r.t. l.t., Leuder.

Bouve, r.g. l.g., Reed.

F. Shaw, c. c., Norton.

J. N. Shaw, l.g. r.g., Fennell.

Haughton, l.t. r.t., Sweetland.

Moulton, Graydon, l.e. r.e., Taussig.

Beale, q.b. q.b., Miller.

Dunlop, h.b. h.b., Beacham.

Sullivan, h.b. h.b., McKeever, Ripley.

Brown, f.b. f.b., Tracy.

Score-Harvard 13, Cornell 4. Touchdowns-Sullivan 1, Dunlop 1, Teussig 1. Goals from field-Brown 1. Umpire-Dr. Scoff, Pennsylvania. Referee-Paul Dashiel, Lehigh. Linesman-H. B. Pratt, Amherst. Time-30-minute halves.