PENNSYLVANIA, 8; HARVARD, 6.

Harvard Defeated in the Last Game of the Season.

Another close and hard-fought game was lost by Harvard on Saturday afternoon. The game was one of the most exciting in the history of football. Harvard forced the play in the first half, and scored 6 points, but in the second half, Pennsylvania grew steadily stronger, and finally, in the last five minutes of time, made a touchdown and goal which won the game.

In general Harvard put up by far her best game of the season. The offence was dashing and effective and until the latter part of the game the defence was impregnable. Wrightington, as usual, was in every play. His work was invaluable both on the offensive and in backing up the line. The ends also, Cabot and Moulton, played brilliant football. In fact, Pennsylvania soon discovered that she could gain only through centre and directed all her efforts to that point. In this play Pennsylvania's star guards, Wharton and Woodruff, were especially effective when taken back into the interference. Most of their gains were through Bouve and between him and centre. Wheeler played a strong game at tackle.

In the second half the magnificent physical condition of the Pennsylvania team told strongly in their favor. They played the game through without a substitute and seemed to gain strength by hard play instead of losing it.

In contrast with this display of endurance four Harvard men, Wheeler, F. Shaw, Dunlop and Brown were laid off in the second half and towards the end of the game Pennsylvania's fierce rushes through centre were successful chiefly because of the utter exhaustion of their opponents.

In punting, Harvard had much the best of it. Wrightington did most of the kicking and always succeeded in getting the ball off quickly. Minds, on the other hand, had several of his punts blocked, and his successful efforts generally fell short.

Harvard's touchdown was the result of a blocked kick by Bouve. Cabot, who was right on the spot, got the ball and carried it to the five yard line. Bouve then took it over. Brown kicked the goal.

Neither side scored after that until the middle of the second half, when Livermore was forced back for a safety. Pennsylvania had advanced the ball steadily for 75 yards, when Woodruff fumbled, and it was Harvard's ball on her 3 yard line. Then, instead of trying a kick, Beale called for a double pass, and Livermore was forced back.

Pennsylvania finally scored a touch-down and goal by the same steady hammering at the centre, pulling the game out just before time was up.

The line-up follows:

PENNSYLVANIA. HARVARD.

Boyle, l. e. r. e., Moulton.

Uffenheimer, l. t. r. t., Haughton.

Woodruff, l. g., r. g., N. Shaw.

Overfield, c. c., F. Shaw, Doucette.

Wharton, r. g. l. g., Bouve.

Farrar, r. t. l. t., Wheeler, Swain.

Dickson, r. e. l. e. Cabot.

Weeks, q. b. q. b., Beale.

Gelbert, l. h. r. h., Dunlop, Livermore.

Morice, r. h. l. h., Wrightington.

Minds, f. b. f. b., Brown, Dibblee.

Score-Pennsylvania 8, Harvard 6. Touchdowns-Bouve, Woodruff. Goals from touohdowns-Brown, Woodruff. Safety touchdown-Livermore. Umpire Wyckoff of Cornell. Referee-Hickok of Yale. Linesman-Beacham of Cornell. Time, 35m. halves.