The Graduates' Magazine.

The June number of the Graduates' Magazine deals at length with several of the important questions that have recently been before the University. The opening article is a complete review of the movement for the extension of the graduate franchise and explains the attitude of those in favor of the proposed extension. The defeat of the measure is attributed to a small number of rather prejudiced alumni. The question of University Taxation is the subject of a similar article.

Thomas Dwight '66 writes to protest against the "Undue Multiplication of Professors" at Harvard, and asserts that there is a growing tendency to consider the higher professorships as mere titles. The real ground for his protest, however, is not clearly shown and his position is not always a logical one. The "Contrasts Between Harvard and Yale" was originally read at a Yale Alumni dinner by O. H. Chamberlain, Yale '62, and is an interesting comparison of the English departments at the two colleges. It is charged that Yale has failed to follow the reforms adopted at Harvard. The speech closes with an attack on the abnormal growth of Yale "Athleticism."

In the "Spring Quarter," Professor Hart gives a reminiscent account of the different ways in which the outbreak of the war has affected the University, and makes a request that everyone possessing information as to the enlistment of graduates or undergraduates, send it to swell the list that is to be printed. The choice of the Brooks House site is supported rather doubtfully, and the new building is pictured in the frontispiece. Among other things, the uniquely interesting talk "From a Graduate's Window," the tale of the institution of the Harvard Alumni Association in the West, and the appreciative review of President Eliot's essays help to make up a very valuable number.