Appleton Chapel.

Rev. Frederic Palmer of Andover, preached yesterday evening in Appleton Chapel, taking his text from Ephesians iii, S. He said: Many of you have already chosen your life work, but to those who are still undecided I wish to present my own vocation.

I believe in the saying that a man should have a call for the ministry, that is, that he should possess the germs that will, with education and practice, develop into the necessary qualifications.

The first requisite, without which all others are useless, is piety. By piety I mean the quality that makes the things of the soul of the first importance, Then, too, a man should have the power to give what he receives, imaginativeness rather than generosity.

If a man desires money, a life of ease, a calling that will yield him a support while his heart is elsewhere, let him by all means avoid the ministry, but if, on the other hand, he wishes one that will give him the most real satisfaction, he might better choose the ministry.

During the evening the choir sang the following authems: Let all those rejoice-Molique; Teach Me Thy Ways-Giovanni Proce; O God, Thou art My God-H. S. Cutler.