Junior Class Dinner.

It is many years now since any junior class has been successful in holding a dinner, but eighty-six has proved an exception to the rule. On Friday evening last, about 90 juniors sat down to dine together at the Quincy House, and the occasion proved most enjoyable to all concerned. The menu discussed, and cigars lighted, President Barnes called the class to order, and introduced Mr. A. B. Houghton, the poet of the evening. Mr. Houghton's poem, portions of which were printed in the Advertiser and Record of Saturday, was replete with local hits, and the applause with which it was received by the class, showed how well it was appreciated. The oration was delivered by Mr. J. H. Huddleston, who took for his text, the legend of the Holy Grail, and from it laid down sage precepts for the guidance of eighty-six. Mr. A. P. Gardner, the toast master, called upon the following gentlemen to respond to toasts: "Eighty-six," Mr. Barnes; "The Junior Year," Mr. T. T. Baldwin; "Politics," Mr. Merriam; "The Junior Crew," Mr. Roberts; "Forensics," Mr. LaMonte; "The College Press," Mr. Sanborn; "Glimpses of Heaven," Mr. Frye. Perhaps no feature of the dinner contributed more to the enjoyment of the class than the quartette, composed of Messrs. Mason, Harrison, Lander, and Morton. Mr. Mason acted as chorister, and called upon the following gentlemen for solos: Messrs. Barnes, Carey, Guild, Lander, Taylor, Frye, Richardson, Simmons, and Roberts. At a late hour the party broke up, after cheering the class, the college, and the '86 tug-of-war team.