Candidates for the Weld Eight.

The Weld Boat Club has purchased the 'varsity '91 shell. A crew is to be organized to enter the New England regatta which will be held on the Charles either May 30 or June 17. It is hoped that men will come out for this crew who could not spare the time to try for the 'varsity or the class crews. Some Law School men who came from other rowing colleges will probably be among the candidates. The training will be very light; the crew will not row more than one hour a day. Beside the eight four other candidates will be selected to man the club's four-oared shell, and if this latter crew proves good enough it will also be entered for the regatta.

The men will be coached temporarily by an ex-class crew man. Later a professional coach will be secured. The candidates will row on the machines untill the float is put in, and no candidate will be dropped until he has been given a thorough trial of several days on the water. Members of all departments of the University are cordially invited to try. No candidate will be required to join the club before the end of a fortnight's rowing. Men will meet in the rowing room at 4 o'clock sharp today.