Interclass Chess Tournament.

The first of a series of spring chess tournaments to be made permanently annual if the first turn out well, will be held during the second week after the Recess, from Monday, May 4, to Monday, May 11. The spring chess tournaments it is proposed to make interclass, so that places won by members of the classes will count toward their class championships. Entries may be made in bluebook at Bartlett's drug store and will close at six sharp Friday, May 1. The entrance fee will be fifty cents and is payable at the time of entry. There will be no extra fee for entering in more than one event.

The events are as follows:

1. Round-robin tournament, consisting of a simple round, first, second and third places to count points respectively five, three, and one.

2. Blindfold tournament, consisting of a single round, places to count as in 1. Time limit, ten moves to the hour.

3. Relay games, played between picked teams of three from each class, each player making every third move for his team without consultation with the other members. 1. '98 vs. '99. 2. '96 vs. '97. 3. Winners of 1 against winners of 2. Winners of 1 and 2 to count three points for their classes, and winners of 3 to count two points more for their class.

4. Skittle tournament, consisting of a single round, places to count as in 1. Time limit, thirty moves to the hour.

5. Problem tournament, to be held in case there are more than three entries. Speed and accuracy of solution are the desired faculties. This tournament will be held on some one evening convenient to all entered, and will be conducted by Mr. G. H. Wallcott, of the Boston Chess Club.