Democratic Caucus.

The Democrats held a caucus in Sever 11 yesterday afternoon to decide upon the three men to come up before the Mock National Convention next Monday. The names of Cleveland, Carlisle, Russell, Bayard and Patterson were proposed and seconded, and Russell, Carlisle and Bayard were finally chosen. There was a good deal of parliamentary sparring and some eloquence was displayed in the nominating speeches. There was a strong sentiment in favor of Cleveland, but it was thought that the prejudice against a third term would lose him many votes, and also that the debates on the question of a third term would occasion too much delay. Among other business was the providing for a committee on resolutions to take steps toward the adoption of a party platform.

Duncan L. S., of California, was chosen chairman of the committee, and after a sharp discussion from the silver men, was instructed to give them a representative on that body. Stone L. S., of Missouri, who was subsequently appointed, will no doubt bring in a minority report favoring silver.

O'Brien '97, of New York, was elected chairman of the permanent committee on order of business.