Harvard National Convention.

The mock convention to nominate a Democratic and a Republican candidate for President will be held tonight at 7.30 o'clock in the Fogg Art Museum.

Nearly every state in the Union will be represented, each being given a delegation equal to one-half the number of members it sends to the House of Representatives. The delegates will vote in accordance with the political complexion of their states, so that the result will indicate something more than the mere sentiment of the college. The Southern States will vote solidly Democratic, and these will be balanced by a like number of Northern Republicans. The doubtful states, such as New York, Indiana, etc., which will be represented in the convention by mixed delegations, will cast mixed votes. Each man will be free to throw his ballot as his individual choice dictates.

Speeches will be made by F. Dobyns, W. S. Youngman, F. R. Steward, F. C. M'Laughlin, W. B. Parker, Charles Grilk, R. L. Fortney, W. M. Gardner, N. B. Marshall and others.

As a recognition for the time and effort expended by H. Friedberg, chairman of the Democrats, he has been asked to take the temporary chairmanship. The success of the convention is certainly due more to H. Friedberg's efforts than to those of any other man.

A few stand-up tickets are the only ones left; so those who desire to attend the convention should apply at once.