At Poughkeepsie.

[Associated Press.]

POUGHKEEPSIE, N. Y., June 15.- The Columbia, Harvard and Pennsylvania crews were again favored with the most delightful condition of water and atmosphere for their evening practice on the Hudson today.

The Pennsylvania 'varsity crew as usual went over the four mile course while the freshmen rowed over the last two miles which are to form the course for the freshman race on the 24th. Ward gave more than ordinary attention to the freshmen and made several changes in the crew as an experiment. Prestich was put in at No. 3 and Kregelins and Stearns of the 'varsity boat tried at No. 4 and No. 5. If they give satisfaction in the freshman shell, these two men will row in both races. The 'varsity crew shows steady improvement.

The Columbia crews did not go over the course this evening, but rowed north from their boat house for about two miles. Guy Richards who was coaching the 'varsity crew watched the work of the crew in their new shell very critically. He does not share the opinion of some of the rowing men who watched the crew at work this morning and who declared that the shell is too light for the crew. he says that the boat was built especially for lightness and believes that it will fully sustain the work of the crew under all circumstances.

The Harvard crews again rowed at different times this afternoon, Captain Bullard going out in the Freshman boat in the dual capacity of coach and coxswain. Afterwards he rowed with the 'Varsity Crew in their new cedar shell. The outriggers had been re-adjusted during the day and the boat gave much better satisfaction than it did this forenoon.