Invitation Bicycle Meet.

Yesterday afternoon the Harvard Cycling Association held an invitation intercollegiate bicycle meet on the track of the Charles River Park. There were entries from Harvard, Columbia, Princeton, Stevens Institute, Columbian University, Tufts and Colby. Those that were to have entered from Pennsylvania did not appear. Harvard had a large number of entries, but won only second and third place in the tandem, and third place in the two-mile handicap. Columbia with five entries easily outclassed the other competitors, winning the silk banner offered by the association, with sixteen points. She also got second in the two-mile handicap, which did not count toward the banner.

The best races were the two mile handicap and the final heat of the one mile open. The two trial heats of the mile were processions. In the final heat, however, Brinckerhoff went ahead of the starters to set the pace for two laps, and an interesting race was the result. Fearing was ahead, with Schrader second, until he ran off the track and had to withdraw. By the third and last lap, Dawson had come up to the front and, with a spurt at the finish, he passed Schrader, who had just ridden in the trial heat. The finish of the tandem race was very close. Underhill and Williams passed Hewitt and Baker within a few feet of the line.

Baker succeeded in lowering the Harvard record for two miles paced from 5m. 7 2-5s. to 4m. 40 3-5s. The pacers were Burdette and Hewitt, and White and Powers on tandems.

The summary:

One-third mile open, first heat-Won by W. H. Fearing, Jr., Columbia; second, Dawson, Stevens; third, H. H. Richards, Harvard. Time, 45 3-5s.

Second heat-Won by Fred Schrade,

(Continued on fifth page.)