THE BROWN ICE POLO GAME.

The First Game of the Series to be Played at Providence Today.

This afternoon, at Providence, the ice polo team will play the first game of the series with Brown. All the work of the season so far has been entirely prepartory to this series.

From its work up to the present time, the team should make a very creditable showing in this afternoon's game. It has played a number of practice games against some of the strongest teams around Cambridge and Boston, and has won every game played. Then, too, with one exception, every man on the team played on the team last year; on the other hand, Brown has lost some of its best men and will have only one veteran beside Captain Watson to play this afternoon.

Captain Goodridge has been giving the team very light work for the last few days in order to get the men into the best possible condition. Friday the team took a complete rest; Saturday they played a light practice game at Lower Mystic Pond. As a result of this light work, the men are in very good condition for the game this afternoon.

The make-up of the team is as follows:

HARVARD. BROWN.

Goodridge, r. r., Merrimrn.

Beardsell, r. r., Pevear.

Stevens, c. c., Hunt.

Clark, h. b. h. b., Chase.

Baldwin, g. g., Watson.

If the weather should be so warm as to make the skating poor, the game will probably be postponed until colder weather.