BASEBALL AT PRINCETON.

PRINCETON, January 18, 1897.

During the past week the university baseball management has made a preliminary announcement of games arranged for the coming season, although the schedule is not complete. The season will be opened by a game with Union on April 3 at Princeton. On April 16 the team will leave for the annual southern trip, playing one or two games each with the Baltimore league team, Georgetown, the University of Virginia, and the University of North Carolina. The team will return to Princeton on April 23. Jerome Bradley '97, captain of last year's ball team who was re-elected at the close of last season, has resigned, and Walter W. Wilson '97 of Clarion, Pa., has been chosen as his successor. Wilson has played two years on the 'varsity as pitcher and in the field. The utmost harmony exists among the players and ex-Captain Bradley will play with the team as usual next spring.

The second of the series of indoor handicap games were held in the Casino last Thursday. The records were rather poor, largely owing to the fact that the heating apparatus was being repaired and consequently the building was not heated. The only no table performance was the shot putting of R. Garrett '97, who broke the Princeton record, putting the 16 lb. shot 40 ft. 4 in.

The '98 Dance Committee has announced that the Junior Promenade will be held in the Casino, Feb. 12. Preliminary arrangements have been made and a large attendance is expected.

The resolutions adopted by the University A. C. of New York relative to holding the annual Yale-Princeton football game on college grounds have created considerable discussion in the university. The general opinion seems to be that the time has come when college athletics must be stripped of the mercenary aspect necessarily incident to holding the game in New York, and that the course suggested by the University A. C. would be for the best interests of the game.

DAILY PRINCETONIAN.