No Headline

The communication from the Class Day Committee suggests that the CRIMSON has mistaken their meaning in advocating a Senior's Dance in the Class Day exercises. It may have, but we think not. It seems as if the committee had rather mistaken the CRIMSON'S meaning.

The CRIMSON has not opposed a Senior's Dance. It has on the contrary rather favored it from the beginning. An editorial of January 7 expressly included it in a two day programme as the final event of the Class Day exercises.

The editorial referred to in yesterday's issue suggested that in lengthen-the Class Day exercises to cover two days, and particularly in adding a Senior's Dance, there would be great liklihood of increasing a Senior's Class Day expenses, which are already far from light. We repeat that if the box rents and other items of cost at the dance were to amount to "anything like the sum usually paid for boxes at the Yale Prom., either the boxes should not be built or the dance should be given up." In effect this merely affirms what the communication this morning says that "the principle objection to it seems to be that of expense." But yesterday's editorial suggested that it was in the power of the Committee to conduct the exercises without great additional expense; and economical plans, given in today's communication, show that the increase in expense, caused by the dance, need not be great.