ANOTHER PLAN PROPOSED.

The Class Day Committee Offers Another Proposition to the Corporation.

The Class Day Committee after careful deliberation have decided on this plan as the one most portable to suit the Corporation and the men of the class.

We suggest that the wreath be placed within reach of a man standing on the ground, with the '97 emblem worked into this wreath; and that the men wear ordinary clothes. This arrangement would do away with the combinations both because a combination would not be needed to get the flowes and because in his ordinary clothes a man could not carry away enough flowers for other members of his combination. Moreover, with this every-man-for-himself idea, we believe that the large societies will agree to discontinue combinations, and that attempts to conceal large quantities of flowers will be discountenanced by the class and audience as selfish. With such a plan as this, allowing no chance for a man to be pushed up by some and pulled down by others, there would be no danger of tearing ordinary clothing, or arousing quick tempers. We think that the ill feeling that has at times been shown has arisen from the momentary impulse to prevent one's self being pulled down.

This is a great change but it is merely going back to the old idea of a friendly rush. It meets the objection to football clothes and will appeal to the older graduates as being just what they used to do.

We will issue return postals early this week in order to get the opinion of every man who would take part in the Class Day exercises. This will be better than a class or mass meeting as it would reach all those who would not, or could not attend, and we know it would have more weight with the Corporation as it would be more nearly a complete opinion. It is absolutely necessary that these postals be returned immediately and answered in full.

A. M. BEALE, J. B. HAYWARD, J. D. PHILLIPS, Class Day Committee.