SECOND ELEVEN SCORES.

Wadsworth Makes a Touchdown from the Forty-five Yard Line.

The 'Varsity football practice was rather unsatisfactory yesterday owing to the confusedness which seemed to pervade the whole afternoon's play. This may have been due partly to the absence of Coach Forbes, and partly to the presence of a great many subcoaches. At any rate the playing was very loose and only during a few minutes of the line-up did the men get fairly well together.

The preliminary work consisted principally of breaking through and running off the signals. There was the same lack of snap in the running of the backs, and the quarters have not yet mastered the codes well enough to keep the plays running very rapidly.

The line-up lasted for about twenty-five minutes, in which time each eleven scored once. The playing was sharp and the second succeeded in keeping the ball a great deal of the time. Neither side gained much in line-bucking, although Donald did well in this particular whenever he was given the ball. Dibblee made several good gains, most of them around the right end. His run of 25 yards for a touchdown was a clever bit of dodging and heady play. Warren, who replaced Haughton, rushed the ball well, striking the line with a great deal of force. On an intended catch for a punt, he made a skilful run of 30 yards, without any interference. Cabot was always in the game. He tackled fiercely and ran well with the ball. Wadsworth made the sensational play of the day by scoring a touchdown from the 45-yard line on a long pass from Farley. Dibblee made an attempt at tackling him on the 20-yard line, but his effort was fruitless, and from that point on there was no opposition to the play. Graydon, on the second, played a strong game and stopped plays around his end every effectually.

The line-up.

'VARSITY. SECOND.

Moulton, r. e. l. e., Littig.

Donald, Mills, r. t. l. t., Gray.

Shaw, r. g. l. g., Tiffany.

Burden, c. c., Hoague, Burnett.

Bouve, l. g. r. g., Trainer.

Wheeler, Swain, l. t. r. t., Sargent '99.

Cabot, l. e. r. e., Graydon.

Cochrane, Garrison, q. b. q. b., Farley.

Brown, Gierasch, r. h. b. l. h. b., Lee.

Haughton, Warren, f. b. f. b., Sawin.

Dibblee, Parker, l. h. b. r. h. b., Wadsworth.