Second Eleven Wins.

The second 'Varsity eleven easily defeated Andover yesterday afternoon in two halves of 15 and 10 minutes, by the score of 18 to 0. The issue of the game was never in doubt and the second eleven seldom failed to make good gains. Although the ground was very slippery, the men succeeded in getting their plays off in clean shape, and Bull in particular distinguished himself by two 40 yard runs around the end. He was very strong on the defensive also, and broke up the interference well. Hoague and Wadsworth played their usual strong game. A. R. Sargent and G. M. Sargent ran very effectively with the ball.

In the first half the second eleven took the side with the wind, and with long runs by Bull, and plunges through tackle, brought the ball twice to Andover's five-yard line, where A. R. Sargent was pushed over the line for two touchdowns. Brown kicked both goals, one of them being very difficult. In the second half, Bull made a long run from the middle of the field to the ten-yard line from which Wadsworth carried the ball over for a touchdown. Brown kicked his third goal. Burdick broke through the line onto a clear field but was tackled from behind by Maguire before he could make a touchdown.

After the game, the second eleven spent a good deal of time coaching the Andover men.

The line-up was as follows:

SECOND ELEVEN. ANDOVER.

Littig, l. e. r. e., Matthews.

Gray, l. t. r. t., Grinnell.

Sargent 1900, l. g. r. g., Holt.

Hoague, c. c., Newton.

Trainor, r. g. l. g., O'Connor.

Sargent '99, r. t. l. t., Styles.

Stoddard, r. e. l. e., Schrieber.

Maguire, q. b. q. b., Howard.

Wadsworth, l. h. b. r. h. b., Burdick.

Bull, r. h. b. l. h. b., Roby.

Brown, f. b. f. b., Jennings.