ATHALIE.

(Continued from first page.)

The public dress rehearsal of Athalie will be held Friday evening and the first performance will be given on Monday. Public sale of tickets begins Thursday at Sever's book-store, until then applications should be sent to Professor de Sumichrast, 16 Quincy St. The scenery for the play is now all in place and seats are going rapidily.

Below is given a complete cast of the characters:

Joas, King of Juda, son of Okosias, Miss Mary Coolidge.

Athalie, widow of Joram, grand-mother of Joas, Miss Louise Cushing.

Joad, or Joiada, high-priest, Professor de Sumichrast.

Josabell, aunt of Joas, wife of the high priest, Miss Clara May.

Zachance, son of Joad and of Josabel, Miss Grace Forbes (Radcliffe).

Salomith, sister of Zachane, Miss Celia Gould (Radcliffe).

Abner, one of the principal officers of the king of Juda, Mr. La Meslee.

Azarias, L. H. Horton.

Ismael, G. R. Tisdale.

Chiefs of the Priests and Levites, E. A. Malone, N. F. Hall, P. S. Brayton, H. R. Brigham, H. B. Stanton.

Mathan, an apostate priest, sacrificer to Baal, Charles Wright.

Nabal, confidant of Mathan, George Cabot Ward.

Agar, a woman in the suite of Athalie, Miss Josephine Sherwood (Radcliffe).

Priests.W. R. Castle 1900, S. H. Batchelder '99, N. LeH. King Gr.. I. M. Lansdale 1901, H. L. Blackwell '99, L. E. Marple '99, S. R. Maxwell Sp., H. F. Barker '99, F. Rawle 1900, E. E. Thomas 1901. M. E. Brown Sp.

Levites.J. C. Shortledge '98, C. J. Swan 1901, C. A. Wheeler '99, W. Meriam '99, T. Ordway 1900, E. Schlesinger 1901, C. W. Williams 1901, R. A. Silver 1901. I. M. Hunnewell 1901, H. C. Shaw 1901, R. A. Whitford '98, R. Davol Sp., B. Tower 1900, J. M. Ross 1901, J. F. Cutter 1901, W. A. Heilman 1901, A. M. Tozzer 1900, R. G. Greely 1901, A. V. Galbraith '99, H. H. Morse 1900, C. W. Goodrich 1900, H. F. Whitney '99, S. H. E. Freund 1901, J. S. Chipman 1901.

Suite of Athalie.A. E. Corbin, K. S. Barnes, A. S. Hills, F. W. Morrison.

Nurse of Joas, Miss Josephine Sherwood (Radcliffe).

Chorus of young women of the trbe of Levi.

Miss Searle, Miss Carter, Miss Drew, Miss Bumstead, Miss Storrs Miss Sprague, Miss Folsom, Miss Chandler, Miss Campbell, Miss Scott, Miss Caverly, Miss Dennett, Miss Ingraham, Miss Islou, Miss F. James, Miss K. James, Miss S. Jackson, Miss Wesselhoeft, Miss Prescott, Miss Watson, Miss Bradbury, Miss Sherwood.

The scene is in the temple of Jerusalem in the vestibule of the apartment of the grand-priest.

The choral will be sung by the Cecilia society accompanied by an orchestra composed of members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Mr. B. J. Lang.

Soloists.The play is given under the direction of Professor de Sumichrast, Mr. Marcou, Professor Grandgent, and Mr. Charles Wright of the French Department.

The Department acknowledges obligation to M. Marcel Desbones, Theatre des Arts, Bordeaux, and to Miss Annie Payson Vall of Boston for their gracious assistance in the preparation of the play.

Guards of Honor.Theodore Stensland, Henri Woodruff, J. P. Hayden, A. B. Ruhl.

The scenery is painted by O. L. Story.

Costumes by Guilbert, of Paris.

Tights by Callris, of Paris.

Wigs by Rothe, by Boston.

Furniture by Paine Furniture Co., Boston.

Electric Effect, Clark and Mills, Boston.

Calcium light, Boston Calcium Light Co.

Ladies' Parts.Miss Cushing, who takes the part of Athalie, has acted before, in a one-part play of Coppe, called La Parter, and has also read in public. Miss Cushing has been working all summer over her part in the French play. She has distinct power, a fine presence, and a very good French accent.

The part of Joas is taken by little Miss Coolidge, daughter of John Templeman Coolidge, Jr., '79, who is a member of the Overseers' Committee to visit the French Department. She has acted before, and has written several plays.

Zacherie is played by Miss Grace Forbes of Roxbury, who is a student at Radcliffe. She has acted a good deal in amateur theatricals in Boston, and is also a member of the Idler Club at Radcliffe.

Salomith is taken by Miss Celia Gould of Allston. She is also of Radcliffe, and has a very good French accent.

Miss Clara May takes the part of Josabet. She graduated at Radcliffe, but has not hitherto done any acting. She has been making rapid progress, however her French accent is admirable.

Ager will be taken by Miss Sherwood of Radcliffe, who has participated in amateur theatricals, has a good voice and accent.

Other women parts are taken by Miss Dora Drew, Miss Katharine Searle, daughter of Professor Searle of the Harvard Observatory; Miss E. Carter, Miss A. E. Storrs, daughter of the Rev. L. K. Storrs of Saint Paul's Church, Brookline. Miss Storrs also leads the chorus in the rythmic interludes.

Men's Parts.The part of Abner is taken by Mr. A. N. LaMeslee, instructor in the French De

(Continued on third page.)