Matinee by Woodruff 98.

Henry M. Woodruff of the class of '98, assisted by several professional players, will give a special matinee at the Bijou Opera House on the afternoon of Thursday, March 25. Among the professional players are Mr. George Fawcett of the "Two Little Vagrants" company, Miss Minnie Dupree and Miss Jessie Busley who played the two little vagrants, Miss Maud Hosford from the Sargent Acting School in New York, and Miss Alice Fischer.

A triple bill will be given, the first of whose numbers, "A Comedie Royall," is a story of Elizabethan days in blank verse and is considered one of the most vigorous pieces of writing in modern English. In it Miss Horsford appears as the "peppery" Virgin Queen, Miss Dupree as a maid of honor, and Woodruff as a young court gallant, Sir Harold Hartwynd. New scenery has been painted for this production by the artist of Keith's Theatre, and all the costumes were originally made for the Bradley Martin Ball.

The middle number will consist of monologues by Nat Goodwin and William Gillette, who is now playing in "Secret Service," and the last number, "Po" White Trash," is a study of the "cracker" life of the far South, by Evelyn Greenleaf Sutherland, whose version of "Chatterton" was received so favorably at the matinee given by Mr. Woodruff in December. Miss Horsford, who appeared in the December matinee as Mrs. Ryce in "Massa Van" will appear as "Suke" in this number, and five of the seven characters are colored. The scenery of the play will be rendered especially realistic by a quantity of real southern moss which has been sent up from Georgia.

The Bohemian Orchestra will play during the intermissions.

Tickets at the regualar prices are now on sale at Thurston's, Herrick's, and the box-office of the Bijou Opera House.