MR. LEHMANN'S WELCOME.

Enthusiastic Reception.- Much Pleasure Shown at His Return.

Mr. Lehmann coached the University crew on the river yesterday afternoon for the first time this year. At half past three a large crowd assembled in the square to cheer Mr. Lehmann on his arrival at Cambridge but owing to some mistake he came out from town a little sooner than was expected and went directly to the boat house.

As soon as this fact became known, about four hundred men hurried down to the boat house and cheered Mr. Lehmann when he appeared. When the crew put their barge into the water, J. E. N. Shaw '98 led long and enthusiastic cheering for the coach, the crew, and Captain Goodrich. Mr. Lehmann, W. Woodward '98, von Utassy '98, and Dr. Coolidge went on board the launch and the crew with the following make-up rowed off down river: Stroke, Bull; 7, Goodrich; 6, Thomson; 5, J. H. Perkins; 4, Sprague; 3, Hollister; 2, J. F. Perkins; bow, Boardman.

After a half hour's work the crew came back to the float and Moulton and Wrightington took Hollister's and Boardman's places at 3 and bow.

After the eight had rowed, Mr. Lehmann took Goodrich and Moulton and the two Perkins's out in the pair-oar.

Mr. Lehmann said that though there were certain prominent faults apparent, he was, on the whole, well satisfied with the work done in his absence.