The Summer School.

The announcement of courses of instruction to be given this year in the Summer School has just come out. Four courses given last year are to be dropped and five new ones are to be added. The courses dropped are Draughting and Descriptive Geometry, Freehand Drawing, the History and the Theory of the Fine Arts, and Physiology and Hygiene for Teachers. The five new courses are Greek for Teachers, American History, Civil Government, Opportunities in Research, and Calculus.

The phamplet for 1897 is somewhat larger than last year's. In addition to the regular courses, a series of evening lectures will be given by members of the Faculty. These lectures will be open to all persons who are enrolled in the Summer School. They will be held in Sever 11, at 7.30, the first one on July 8 and the last on August 5. There will be nine in all.

An arrangement has been made with publishers of school text books by means of which students in the Summer School will have access to a comprehensive text-book library to be put up in the publication office. The object of this collection is to make possible an independent study of the merits of the various text-books.

So far more applications for admission to the school have been received than at the same time last year, and a larger number of students is expected.

Copies of this pamphlet and further information may be had by application to the clerk of the committee, Mr. Montague Chamberlain, 16 University Hall.