A SLOW GAME.

Harvard Defeats Dartmouth by a Score of 7 to 6.

Harvard won the second game with Dartmouth by the score of 7 to 6 on Holmes Field, yesterday afternoon. The game was loosely played on both sides, and both pitchers were hit rather freely, though Paine was somewhat the steadier. Harvard has hardly played worse this season. Besides the six errors there was much ill-judged playing, particularly in base-running, two opportunities to score being lost by rishking too much.

Harvard started the scoring in the first inning with three runs. Dean knocked a pop fly, which Crolius misjudged and got to second. Burgess flied out to Putnam. Haughton got his base on balls and Scannell hit safely to centre, bringing in Dean and landing Haughton on third. Scannell stole second. Rand made a clean single, which was fumbled by Cook, and Haughton and Scannell scored. Stevenson knocked a fly to Cook, and Beale was out on an easy grounder to Tabor.

In the second inning Rowe got to first on Haughton's muff of a poor throw by Stevenson after a pretty stop. Adams came up next and put the ball over short for a home run. The next three men went out in order.

Dartmouth scored again in the third. Drew got second on Stevenson's wild throw, and Folsom brought him in. In the second half Burgess was hit by the pitcher and stole three bases in succession, coming home. Haughton got his base on balls, stole second, and got third on a passed ball. Scannell struck out and Haughton scored on Rand's sacrifice.

In the fifth Scannell got first on Watson's error and scored on Rand's three-bagger. Rand scored on a passed ball.

In the sixth Watson hit safely, got third on Chandler's error, and came in on a caught fly.

Crolius scored in the seventh on Paine's wild throw to second, and Watson made a home run in the eighth.

The tabulated score is as follows:

HARVARD.

a.b. r. b.h. t.b. p.o. a. e.

Dean. 2b. 4 1 0 0 3 1 0

Burgess, r. f. 3 1 1 1 2 0 0

Haughton, 1b. 2 2 0 0 6 0 1

Scannell, c. 3 2 1 1 6 1 0

Rand, l. f. 4 1 2 4 3 0 0

Stevenson, 3b. 3 0 0 0 1 5 3

Beale, c. f. 4 0 2 2 4 0 0

Chandler, s. s. 1 0 1 1 1 0 1

Paine, p. 3 0 0 0 1 6 1

Totals, 27 7 7 9 27 13 6

DARTMOUTH.

a.b. r. b.h. t.b. p.o. a. e.

Drew, c. 4 1 1 1 3 4 0

Folsom, 2b. 5 0 1 1 2 2 0

Putnam, c. f. 4 1 1 1 2 0 0

Crolius, s. s. 5 0 2 2 5 1 2

Rowe, 1b. 5 1 0 0 7 0 0

Adams, r. f. 4 1 1 4 1 0 0

Watson, 3b. 4 2 2 5 1 1 1

Cook, l. f. 2 0 0 0 2 0 1

McCornack, l. f. 2 0 0 0 0 0 0

Tabor, p. 4 0 0 0 1 5 0

Totals, 39 6 8 14 24 13 4

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Harvard, 3 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 -7

Dartmouth, 0 2 1 0 0 1 1 1 0-6

Earned runs-Dartmouth, 2. Stolen bases-Burgess, 3; Haughton, Scannell, Folsom, Rowe. Double play-Rowe. Bases on balls-Haughton, 2; Stevenson, Chandler, Drew, Putnam. Hit by pitched ball-Burgess. Struck out-by Paine, 4; by Tabor, 3. Umpires-Murray and Johnson.