Cricket Eleven.

A number of men responded to Captain Garrett's call for candidates for the cricket elevens. Besides Captain Garrett, there are back from last year's team, S. Skinner, L, S., C. Skinner, L. S., H. A. Davis, L. S., W. MacVeagh '93, Smith '94, C. T. R. Bates '92 and C. W. Shope, substitutes. Among the most promising men are P. Curtis and Poole from St. Pauls, and Harvey from Haverford.

Last year the cricket eleven was very successful, easily defeating Yale by a score of 42-27, and the prospects are even brighter this year. At present the team has no suitable grounds, but in the spring they will have either properly constructed grounds on the Soldiers' Field or on Holmes Field. Whitehouse, the Canadian who coached the eleven last year will not be here another season, and as yet no steps have been taken to secure another coach.

Two games are scheduled for this fall; one will be played this afternoon against the B. A. A. eleven at Longwood. The other game is the postponed game of last spring with the U. of P. eleven scheduled to be played at Cambridge. Nothing has been heard from them, however, as yet this fall.

If possible a game will be arranged with the Mystics to be played a week from today at Medford.

All men who wish to play cricket, whether they have ever played before or not, are urged to hand in their names at once to Captain Garrett that this year's eleven may be made the most successful on record.