Summer Courses for the A. B. Degree.

Among the summer courses for 1897 the following may be counted under a regulation of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences toward the degree of A. B. or S. B.:

Mathematics.

S1. Solid Geometry-Mr. Ashton.

S2. Plane Trigonometry: Logarithms. Problems in the calculation of heights, distances and areas, and in sailing-Mr. Love.

S3. Plane Analytic Geometry-Mr. Love.

Engineering.

S1. Topographical Surveying: Field work at Martha's Vineyard-Mr. Turner.

S2. Railroad Engineering: Field work at Martha's Vineyard-Mr. Turner.

Physics.

S2. Experimental Physics: Measurements in Mechanics, Sound, Light, Magnetism and Electricity; Laboratory Work-Assistant Professor Sabine.

Botany.

S1. Vegetable Morphology and Systematic Botany: Laboratory Work in both subjects; Lectures-Mr. Jones.

Geology.

S1. Elementary Geology: Exercises-Dr. Ladd.

S2. Advanced Course of Field Work in Stratigraphical Geology: at various places in Southern New England-Prof. Shaler and Mr. J. B. Woodworth.

S3. Training in Field-research and in the Methods of Professional Geological Field Work, the results to be presented in a thesis. For advanced students. Professor Shaler and Professor Wolff.

All these courses except Geology S3 are to count as half courses. This course is to be counted as a full course if pursued for not less than ten weeks; as a half course if pursued for less than ten weeks and not less than five.