Crew Letter.

[Special dispatch to the CRIMSON.]

POUGHKEEPSIE, N. Y., June 14.- At a meeting of the managers of the Harvard, Yale and Cornell crews, held at Red Top, Mr. Van Duzer, who has been in charge of arrangements as to the course; Managers White, of Cornell, and Wheelwright, of Yale; and Captain Goodrich and Manager Woodward, of Harvard, finally selected the course as had seemed probable for some time past. The 'Varsity race will be rowed down stream at 3.30 on June 25, and the Freshmen will row up-stream on the 23d. This will probably make it necessary to start the observation train an hour earlier than was expected. The referee will be decided upon tomorrow.

The entertainment given to the Harvard crews at the house of Mr. Robert Perkins, where they took lunch on Sunday, made a very pleasant break in the monotony of the regular routine. This change, slight though it was, is in accordance with Mr. Lehmann's settled policy of making life at the quarters pleasant rather than irksome to the men.

The new Davy shell, which arrived on Saturday, was used today for the first time. The 'Varsity rowed a three-mile stretch in it under favorable circumstances and were much pleased with the boat. Mr. Lehmann expressed much satisfaction with the trial. He says that she carries the men well, is light, stiff, and fast-in short is a success in every way. Mr. Peabody and Mr. Storrow, who have recently arrived at the quarters and watched the crew from the launch today, also admired the new shell.

Mr. Peabody came down to Poughkeepsie with Mr. Lehmann and returns to Boston tomorrow. Mr. Storrow has taken charge of the Freshmen and will coach them regularly. Other recent visitors have been N. Perkins '91, J. H. Burden '93, B. Tilton '90, and W. Alexander '80.