Commencement Speakers.

A. A. Bryant, who will deliver the Latin oration, was born in Somerville, Mass., in 1877, and graduates with highest honors at the age of 19. He prepared for college at Worcester Academy, where he won the Dexter prize in speaking, and graduated first in his class. He was class poet and delivered the Latin salutatory. At Harvard he took part in the two English plays given in '94 and '96, and was one of the two "Tibicines" in the Latin play. In his sophomore year he took second-year honors, and he graduates with final honors in classics. Bryant will continue his work in the Graduate School.

J. H. Choate, Jr., fitted for Harvard at St. Mark's School, and was prepared to enter with the class of '95. Instead of doing so, however, he studied music for two years in Munich and New York, and entered college with '97. Choate is a member of the Institute of 1770, the D. K. E., Hasty Pudding Club, Signet, O. K. and Delta Phi, and is president of the Harvard Golf Club. He is class poet, and will graduate "magna cum laude." The subject for his part will be "Narrative History."

W. B. Parker was born in Staffordshire, England, and his home is now Norfolk, Neb. He fitted for college at Andover, and has worked his way through both school and college. He was prominent at Andover as a debater and as a contributor to the school publications. At graduation he was class poet, and had a commencement oration. Since entering college, Parker has continued his work in English and debating, and has held a scholarship every year. He is a member of the D. U. and the Harvard Union. Next fall he expects to enter business.

R. E. Olds, who, in addition to his commencement part, holds the position of class orator, prepared at St. Paul, Minn. He was class valedictorian and president of the school debating society. In his junior year Olds was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa, holding the first place from '97, and was also undergraduate orator of the society. He is a member of the Harvard Union, the D. U. and the O. K., and will graduate "summa cum laude." His commencement subject is "The Future of Harvard College." Olds will enter the Law School next fall.

P. W. MacKaye of New York, went to the Washington High School and Lawrence Academy, and finished his preparation at his present home in Cambridge. His college life has been devoted almost wholly to study and literary work, in which he has been very successful. He has chosen for his subject "The Need of Imagination in the Drama of Today." MacKaye expects to continue his literary work in dramatic lines.

John W. Rice was born in Rockland, Mass., and fitted for college at the Boston Latin School, from which he graduated in '87. In college he took second-year honors in classics, and received honorable mention in Greek. After graduating "cum laude" in '91, he went abroad for a year, and studied at the University of Berlin. On returning to this country he went through the three years theological course at Yale, graduating in '95. Since this time he has been at the Harvard Divinity School. He will stay here another year, as a candidate for the Ph. D. degree.