Radcliffe Pamphlet.

The pamphlet of courses offered at Radcliffe for 1897-98 has appeared. It shows that a large number of courses given this year are to be omitted and fully as many given for the first time. The changes may be briefly summarized as follows:

In the Semitic Department Professor Toy will give course 16 on the history of the Christian Hebrew Literature. In the Greek Department courses 11 and 5 hf. are new courses. Latin 9 hf. is also a new course.

In the English Department Mr. Young gives a new half course on English literature from the closing of the theatres to the death of Dryden. Two other new courses, 4 and 13 hf. are to be given. Courses 16, 23 and 5 are omitted, while the standard in English 12 is to be raised.

In the German Department, course 10 is to be omitted and course 9 split into two half courses. Germanic Philology 3 will be given for the first time.

In the French Department, course 13 is to be replaced by half-courses 7 and 7, and courses 17, 18 and 16 omitted.

In the Philosophical Department, Mr. Lough will give a new half-course in experimental psychology. Course 16 is also a new course.

In the History Department, course 5 will be given for the first time by Professor Emerton.

In the Government Department, course 4 is to be omitted. Courses 6 and 14 are new courses in Economics.

Music 8 will be given for the first time, and course 24 in the Mathematics department omitted.

In the Department of Geology and Geography courses A, B and 27 are new, while courses 13 and 3 will be omitted.

Of the post-graduate courses given in Harvard and announced last year as open to Radcliffe students, the following do not appear on this year's list: Phoenician 10, English 17, German 20a, German 20b, German 20c, Pedagogical Seminary, Government 12, Mathematics 9, Mathematics 22, and Mathematics 23. In the Department of Classical Philology, courses 25, 52, 54, 39, 51, 49. Those which are announced in this year's pamphlet, and which were not in last year's, are: Ethiopic 9, Germanic Philology 21, French 20c, Philosophy 13, History 16, Government 6, Music 5, Music 6, Mathematics 11, Mathematics 21; and, in the Department of Classical Philology, courses 44, 27, 54, 57, 28, 58, 39, 59, 60, 35.