University Calendar.

11. Tuesday.

Appleton Chapel. Rev. James Freeman Clarke, D. D., 7.30 p.m.

12. MONDAY.English VI. Oral discussion (opened by Mr. J. W. Richardson): The Indian Territory Land Question. Sever 11, 3 p.m.

13. TUESDAY.College Faculty. Meeting at University 5, 3.30 p.m.

Forensics. General introduction to the Year's Work. Prof. Royce. Sever 11, 4 p.m.

Law Faculty. Meeting at President's House, 7.30 p.m.

14. WEDNESDAY.Last day of receiving candidates for admission to candidacy for the degrees of A. M., Ph. D., and S. D.

Board of Overseers. Stated meeting at No. 70 Water St., Boston, 11 a.m.

English VI. Oral discussion (opened by Mr. Vogel): The Chinese Massacre at Rock Springs. Sever 11, 3 p.m.

15. THURSDAY.Forensics. Some of the Common mistakes of Forensic Writers. Prof. Royce, Sever 11, 4 p.m.

FORENSICS.Four of the ten announced forensic lectures of the year will be given as opening lectures on Tuesday and Thursday, October 13 and 15, and on Tuesday and Thursday, October 20 and 22, at 4 p.m. The lectures are addressed to both Juniors and Seniors, and will be not a mere repetition at any point of the last year's lectures.

JUNIOR THEMES.Theme I will be due on Thursday, October 22. Subject: A criticism of some important work of some good author. No student will choose for criticism the work that he criticised last year.

SOPHOMORE THEMES.Mr. Clymer will meet the sophomore class on Thursday, Oct. 15, at two o'clock, in Sever 11.

Theme I will be due on Thursday, Oct. 15. Subject: A summary of some important work of some good author.

Special attention is called to the fact that no themes will be received after the day appointed.

SYMPHONY CONCERTS.The fifth series of concerts will be given in Sanders Theatre by the Boston Symphony Orchestra on the evenings of Nov. 5, Dec. 3, Jan. 7, Feb. 11, March 4, and March 25. Tickets, three dollars for the course.