CORNELL'S POLICY.

Harvard-Yale-Cornell Correspondence Made Public at Ithaca.

The following correspondence and explanatory statement was given out to the Associated Press at Ithaca yesterday. No official confirmation is obtainable in Cambridge, however, as Cornell's answer to Captain Goodrich has not yet been received.

ITHACA, N. Y., Jan. 12.- Captain Frederick D. Colson of the Cornell 'varsity crew gave out the following statement to the Associated Press tonight. This clearly outlines Cornell's rowing policy and the position which the navy assumes in the college aquatics of 1898.

HARVARD'S CHALLENGE.HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Dec. 16, 1897.

Captain F. D. Colson, Cornell University Boat Club:

DEAR SIR:- The Harvard University Boat Club hereby challenges the Cornell University Boat Club to row a four mile race this spring at such a time and at such a place as may be convenient and agreeable to both crews

(Signed)

DAVID MARVIN GOODRICH, Captain Harvard University Boat Club.CORNELL'S ANSWER TO HARVARD.ITHACA, N. Y., Jan. 11, 1898.

Captain D. M. Goodrich, Harvard University Boat Club:

DEAR SIR:- The Cornell Navy accepts the challenge of the Harvard University Boat Club for a four mile race the coming season at such time and place as may be convenient to both crews.

(Signed)

FREDERICK D. COLSON, Captain of the Cornell University Crew.