Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Workingmen's Reading Room.

The Workingmen's Reading Room which the St. Paul's Society has started at 1068 Washington street has now been open nearly a week, the formal opening exercises having been held last Wednesday evening as was announced. The idea was suggested last year, but was given up on account of the expense. The committee to which most credit is due for the final success, consists of Mr. M. Chamberlain, G. T. Morse '98, and W. C. Gerrish '99. They have raised enough money to keep the room open for a good part of the year and have arranged to have a Harvard man in attendance every evening. The Church Army which occupies the room above has paid part of the money and has offered to have a janitor to tend to cleaning and such work. The rooms consist of a long hall furnished with tables and chairs for reading, a lavatory, and a separate room for smoking, where talking is allowed. The great need now is for magazines, newspapers and books, and students who have any to give to the reading room are requested to leave them at Beck 22.