Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Game of Ice Hockey.

The game of ice hockey has been adopted this year in place of ice polo, primarily because Yale, Brown and most other local teams now play the Canadian game. The change has the advantage of allowing seven instead of five to play on the team, and of demanding a greater amount of team work. Four men, called forwards, rush the ball toward the opposite goal in accordance with the rule to keep on side and to make no forward passes. They can be in line or move one behind the other as the Brown team did in the game which they won on Wednesday. The coverpoint and point correspond to halfbacks and there is goal tender as in the other game.

Last year the ice polo team won every game they played, and as the material is as good this year, a strong team could be turned out if the weather would permit more frequent practice. The distance of the ponds has also been a drawback.

The game with Institute of Technology was not played yesterday on account of the rain. As has been announced a game with Yale has been arranged at New Haven on Saturday. The Yale team has played the Canadian game for three years. The line-up of the team will probably be the same as in the Brown game.