Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day
Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals
Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99
Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act
U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event
1. Is the plan for an Athletic Association of Harvard Alumni advisable?
2. Should Secretary's Gage's recommendations in regard to the National Banks be made law?
3. Should college property be taxed?
4. Is the idea of Roman life given by Pliny's Letters more correct than that given by Juvenal's Satires?
4. Is the Greek form of the drama as shown in Athalie superior to the Shaksperean as shown in Macbeth?
6. Is the existence of a generally high rate of wages in a country an obstacle to exportation from it?
7. Does the general range of prices depend on the quantity of specie in circulation?
8. Must the imports of a country equal its exports?
9. Should the United States annex Hawaii?
10. Should graduates of all departments of Harvard University be allowed, five years after graduation, to vote for overseers?
11. Was the treatment of the Loyalists expedient? (Compare treatment of Loyalists and of Southerners after Revolution and Rebellion, and draw conclusions).
12. Should architecture be treated as a profession or as a fine art?
13. Are Mr. Ruskin's views on architecture as given in his Seven Lamps of Architecture practical?
14. Does the Greek Doric Order find its origin in Egypt?
15. Should a course in Physical Training be made obligatory for Freshmen?
16. Was Macaulay a "romance writer"? (Compare Wolseley's Marlborough and Macaulay's History on same events, and draw conclusions).
17. Was Cromwell our "chief of men"? (Compare Macaulay, Carlyle, and Gardiner's Cromwell's Place in History, and state conclusions).
18. Was Defoe's political conduct justifiable?
19. Was Pope's form of expression the result of his environment?
20. Is Arnold's reason for Gray's literary sterility correct?
Important Changes in Dates.
The first set of Forensics will be returned Feb. 14, from 3.30 to 5 o'clock in Sever 35.
The Second Brief will be due Feb. 21. The First Forensic re-written will be due Feb. 28. The second set of Briefs will be returned March 4. The Second Forensic will be due March 9.
Students are urged to find subjects for their forensics in courses they have taken, or are taking, and to submit these subjects for approval to Professor Baker at his consultation hours.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.