Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Marshall Newell '94.

Marshall Newell of the class of '94, one of the best known of Harvard's graduates, was killed on the Boston and Albany tracks at Springfield on Christmas Eve.

The funeral was held Monday, Dec. 27, at the home of Capt. Richard Newell in West Newbury. The services, conducted by Rev. J. C. Sharpe, a classmate and personal friend of Newell's, were simple and appropriate. A quartette, consisting of T. E. Norris, G. W. Want, G. H. Remede, and Dr. G. R. Clark, sang during the service. Among the many floral emblems were tributes from the class of '94, the Harvard crew, and the Hasty Pudding Club.

The pall-bearers were; B. A. Waters '94, F. W. Hallowell '93, B. W. Trafford '93, J. D. Upton '93, Neil Rantoul '92, C. k. Cummings '93, W. B. Gage '94, E. Lake '92, S. V. R. Crosby '91, D. W. Lane '94, and G. C. Lee '94. A. J. Cumnock '91, was to have been among their number but received word too late.

The honorary pall-bearers, chosen from among the older Harvard men, were: Dr. W. M. Conant '79, C. W. Bliss '83, G. S. Winlow '83, A. P. Gardner '86, H. W. Keyes '87, and Dr. W. A. Brooks '87.