Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

University Calendar.

7. Friday.

Appleton Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Rev. Andrew P. Peabody, D. D. (The front pews are reserved for members of the University until 7.30.)

Mr. Peabody will conduct prayers from February 20 until March 14.

Mr. Peabody will be at Wadsworth House 1 every week-day from 11.30 until 12.30.

5. MONDAY.Semitic Seminary. Letter from Mr. G. R. Carpenter (Berlin) on the value of the study of Semitic archaeology. 7 Lowell street, 7.30 p. m.

6. TUESDAY.College Faculty. Meeting at University 5, 3.30 p. m.

Seniors entitled to write Commencement Parts will meet Professor A. S. Hill in Sever 5 between 3 and 4.15 p. m.

"Ministers as Seen by a Layman." Lecture. Henry Lee, A. M. Divinity School Chapel, 7.30 p. m.

Harvard Philosophical Club. "The New Poetry." Address by Mr. Ernest Rhys of London. Sever 11, 7.45 p. m.

The public are invited.

7. WEDNESDAY.Readings from the Odyssey. Book XIV. Professor Palmer Sever 11, 3 p. m. Open to the public.

English 6. Oral debate. University 16, 3 p. m.

Question: "Resolved, that the Fisheries Treaty should be ratified by the Senate." Principal disputants: Affirmative, J. A. Bailey and E. L. Blossom; negative, E. A. Harriman and C. DeV. Musaus. Open to all students of the University.

Divinity School Chapel. Conference, 4 p. m.

"Cairo." Illustrated lecture. Mr. Jewett. Upper Boylston, 7.30 p. m. The public are invited.

8. THURSDAY.Vesper service. Appleton Chapel, 5 p. m.

Harvard Union Debate. Sever 11, 7.30 p. m.

Subject: "Resolved, That the best interests of the United States demand the annexation of Canada." Principal disputants: Affirmative, E. B. Chenoweth, '88; W. Coulson, S. S.- Negative: F. B's Williams, '88; G. A. Reisner, '89.

Orchestral Concert. Boston Symphony Orchestra. Sanders Theatre. 7.45 p. m.

9. FRIDAY.Divinity School Chapel. Service with preaching, 7.30 p. m.

10. SATURDAY.English Literature. (Course for freshmen.) "Samuel Johnson." Professor A. S. Hill. Sever 11, 9 a. m.

Medical Faculty. Meeting at the Medical School, Boston. 7.30 p. m.

NOTES.FINANCE CLUB LECTURES.No lecture in this course will be given on March 5, the lecturer for that evening, Prof. E. J. James, being ill. On March 12, the Rev. John G. Brooks, of Brockton, will give an address on "An Object-Lesson in Tariff Reform from the standpoint of the wage-earner."

READINGS FROM THE ODYSSEY.Professor Palmer reads Books XIII. to XVIII. of the Odyssey in Sever 11, on successive Wednesdays (omitting April 4,) to members of Greek B and C, and to others who may be interested. The second readings begin at 3 p. m. on March 7.

FORENSICS.The Forensic Thesis will be due soon after the April recess; the exact date will be announced later.

Until further notice, Mr. Cummings will be at Closed Alcove 25, in the library, for consultation, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 3 to 4.30 p. m. Mr. Conant will be at the same place on Thursdays and Fridays, at the same hours.

COMMENCEMENT PARTS.Professor A. S. Hill will confer with seniors concerning their subjects for parts between 3 and 4.15 p. m., in Sever 5, on Tuesday, March 6. Those intending to write, who have not yet selected their subjects, are expected to do so before that date.

ENGLISH B.Themes will be read and discussed before the class, and Theme VII. will be returned to the first section (A-D), on Tuesday, March 6, at 2 o'clock, in Sever 11.

Theme IX, will be due on March 13. Subject: "An Exposition."

Theme X., "An Exposition," and Theme XI., "An Exposition," will be due on April 3 and April 24, respectively.

At the pleasure of the writer, Themes X. and XI. may be combined in one theme of at least TEN pages, comprising both Exposition and Argument, to be handed in on April 17.

The attention of students is specially called to the directions of the English Composition card. Each student is held responsible for a knowledge of those directions, and is expected to follow them implicitly.

By the Regulations, no overdue theme will be accepted unless the writer satisfies the secretary that his failure to present it at the appointed time was caused by serious illness or other unavoidable hindrance. Overdue themes, countersigned by the secretary, may be left at Grays 18. In no case must themes be put in the box in Sever 3 after the day on which they are due.