H. D. A. Amendments.

The following changes in the articles of the H. D. A. were unanimously adopted at the last meeting of the board of directors:

1. The officers of the association shall be a president and ten directors, six chosen at large from the Academic Department, two from the Law School, one from the Graduate School, and one from the Divinity School. Members of the Scientific School shall vote and be candidates for office as if members of the Academic Department.

2. The president shall be chosen by the association at large; the directors by the several schools or departments to which they belong. The officers shall be elected for one year. Vacancies occurring during the year shall be filled by elections for the unexpired part of the year. In the absence of the president, the board of directors shall choose one of their own number to serve as president pro tempore.

3. There shall be two elections each year, the first, in February, immediately following the mid-year examinations, when there shall be elected a president, three directors from the Academic Department, one director from the Law School and one director from the Divinity School. The president shall be elected during the first week after the mid-year examinations, and the directors during the week following. The second election shall be held during the second week in June, when there shall be elected three directors from the Academic Department, one director from the Law School, and one director from the Graduate School.

4. The auditor shall act as secretary to the board and shall be required to attend all meetings of the board unless otherwise instructed.

The object of the third change is to avoid the possibility of having the whole board retire at once, and to insure, by retaining half the old board in office after each election, a continuity of policy and experience which has hitherto been lacking. As the auditor is now to act as secretary of the board, the office of vice-president, which has been identical with the secretaryship, becomes superfluous.