CUPS FOR THE 1901 ELEVEN.

Awarded by the Athletic Committee in Recognition of their victories.

The CRIMSON has received the following from Professor Hollis:

"To the Editors of the Crimson:

"I take pleasure in expressing the sentiment of the Athletic Committee relative to the trophies given to the Freshman football team by the following open letter to their captain.

"You may use this letter as you see fit. I am having the cups sent out to your office and should be glad to see them in your window for a day or two.

"Yours sincerely,

"IRA N. HOLLIS."Feb. 17, 1898.

"My dear Mr. Hallowell:

"I hear from Mr. Murchie that the cups authorized by the Athletic Committee for the members of the Freshman football team are ready for delivery and I take this occasion to say that I am glad to see this recognition of the fine spirit of the team and of the good exhibition of amateur sport last fall. It is always a pleasure to have a team go through the season with a clean record on the field and in the college work. Your men have shown us what can be done under good leadership and first rate discipline.

"Hoping that you may all find pleasant memories associated with these modest trophies, I am,

"Yours very truly,

"IRA N. HOLLIS."These cups will be put on exhibition in the CRIMSON'S window as soon as they arrive. They are pewter cups with glass bottoms on which a transparency photograph of the eleven is printed. The scores of both the Yale and the Pennsylvania games are engraved on the cups of the men who played in both games. The score of only one game on the cups of the men who played in one only.

The men may get their cups by calling for them at the office on Thursday.