Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Practice on Holmes Field.

The whole 'Varsity baseball squad practiced on Holmes Field yesterday afternoon for the first time this season. The diamond had been well rolled, and as a result was in splendid condition for this time of year.

After the usual fielding and batting practice, the squad was divided, and two nines picked which played a practice game. For five innings the make-up of the nines was constant. Only two scores were made, both by Captain Rand's nine, and but seven hits were made off Schwill and Blake. The work of the various infielders was very commendable.

After the fifth inning, Hayes and Reid were substituted for Schwill and Buckman and a nine from the College team squad played a few innings with the remaining 'Varsity players.

The make-up of the 'Varsity teams follows:

First Nine-Clark, 1b.; Haughton, 2b.; Bergen, 3b.; Laughlin, s. s.; Rand, l. f.; Vincent, c. f.; Chandler, Burgess, r. f.; Schwill, p.; Buckman, c.

Second Nine-Foster, 1b; Maguire, 2b.; Holt, 3b.; McVey, s. s.; McCormick, l. f.; Lynch, c. f.; Sterling, r. f.; Blake, p.; Brown, c.

The College team squad started practice yesterday afternoon with about twelve men, who have hitherto been with the 'Varsity. It is the intention to identify the College team more closely with the 'Varsity than has hitherto been the custom. The 'Varsity pitchers will be lent to the College nine, and the team will be shifted back and forth pretty freely.

They will practice regularly hereafer on Soldiers Field and will play daily games with the 'Varsity and Freshman nines.