The Class Crews.

The recent cold weather has considerably retarded the work of the class crews. Owing to the strong winds and cold the crews have been prevented from regular rowing and even when the men have been on the water they have been unable to get the full benefit of their practice.

Yesterday afternoon '98 was the only class crew that rowed. The second crew went out first and later the first crew rowed some short stretches. The order of the first crew was as follows:

Stroke, Kinnicutt; 7, Wadsworth; 6, Ames; 5, Fuller; 4, Marvin; 3, Barnes; 2, Rice; bow, T. Adams.

The '97 squad did not go on the water at all, but instead took a long run over Corey Hill. The '99 crew also substituted a run for the rowing, except four men who rowed in pair-oars. The crew oars, which Davy has been making, arrived yesterday and were tried in the pair-oar.

The Freshmen rowed as usual in the pair-oars, as the 'Varsity is still using the 1900 barge. Tilton, who has been laid off with a felon on his hand, was with the squad again yesterday.