Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'Varsity vs. College Nine.

The 'Varsity nine defeated the College team on Holmes Field yesterday afternoon by a score of 3-1, in a practice game of eight and a half innings. The playing of both sides was clean and even, the 'Varsity being accountable for but but three errors. Each team made three hits, but the 'Varsity players through more timely batting and better base running proved to be the better scoring team.

For the 'Varsity, Laughlin at short covered his ground the best of the inflelders. He made six assists, two of which were difficult stops and but one error which was partly excusable. Pote at third, also made several good assists to first.

On the College nine, Reid, who was substituted for Davis in the sixth inning, proved to be a good back-stop and a clever man on throwing to bases. With the exception of a change in pitchers, the make-up of the 'Varsity remained the same throughout the game. On the College nine, however, there was a pretty general change in all of the positions. Hayes began by pitching and for the first three innings was very effective, but nine men coming to the bat during that time. Later on he weakened somewhat and became a little wild at times. Blake was then substituted for one inning and then Paine '97 was put in the box. He showed a decided lack of practice in regard to control of the ball, but gave the men a good opportunity to stand up to some swift, aggressive pitching. No hits were made made off him, but several bases on balls enabled the 'Varsity to score once.

The make-up of the teams follows:

'Varsity-Laughlin, s. s.; Rand, l. f.; Haughton, 2b.; Burgess, r. f.; Lynch, c. f.; Clark, 1b.; Pote, 3b.; Doran, Galbraith, p.; Buckman, c.

College-Litchfield, Ewer, 3b.; Hayes, Blake, Paine, p.; Lewis, 1b.; Maguire, Galbraith, s. s.; Lane, r. f.; Sears, l. f.; Maguire, Farrington, 2b.; Nowell, Davis, r. f.; Davis, Reid, c.