Professor Gardner's Lectures.

Professor Percy Gardner, M. A., Litt. D., Lincoln and Merton Professor of Classical Archxology and Art in the University of Oxford, formerly Disney Professor of Archxology in Cambridge, has accepted the invitation of the Council of the Archxological Institute of America to lecture before the Societies of the Institute during April and May of the present year. Societies of the Institute exist at Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Cincinnati, Cleveland, De roit, Chicago and Madison.

Professor Gardner will arrive in this country the first week in April, and will deliver a series of lectures, illustrated by lantern slides, on the following subjects: "Archxology in Relation to History;" "The Athenian Acropolis as a Background to History;" "Greek and Roman Portraints;" "The Sarcophagi of Sidon;" "Greek Coins in Relation to History."

Professor Gardner is well known to readers in America through his "New Chapters in Greek History," his numerous contributions to journals and magazines, and more recently by his "Sculptured Tombs of Hellas."