Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

COMPETITIVE DEBATE.

Twelve Men Chosen for Further Trial for Princeton Debate.

The first competition to choose speakers for the Harvard-Princeton debate, which was held in the Fogg Art Museum last night,, was not of a very encouraging sort. Only twenty-seven men spoke and few of them did anything specially commendable.

The system of having the men speak in an order decided by lot prevented rebuttal work, though it was not to blame for the general lack of energy in the speaking.

The judges-Professor G. P. Baker, Mr. F. W. Dallinger '93, Mr. E. H. Warren '95, and W. E. Hutton '95, chose for further trial the following twelve men, the order being that in which they spoke: F. O. White '99, S. Brooks Rosenthal '98, A. M. Sayre Sp., R. C. Bolling 1900, W. C. Dennis 1G., R. T. Parke '98, F. Woodbridge '98, J. A. Richards 1900, P. G. Carleton '99, G. R. Stobbs '99, R. W. Stover '98, and W. A. Adams '98.

The following are the men who tried in the order in which they spoke: E. T. Gundlach '98, R. L. Hoguet '99, F. O. White '99, W. D. Eaton '99, A. J. Smith '99, S. B. Rosenthal '98, W. P. Evarts 1900, A. M. Sayre Sp., R. C. Bolling 1900, H. Wolff '99, F. C. Sutro '99, E. A. Waters '98, W. C. Dennis 1 G., R. T. Parke '98, F. Woodbridge '98, J. H. A. Symonds 1901, J. A. Richards 1900, P. G. Carleton '99, V. H. Smith '98, C. J. G. Pierce 1901, G. R. Stobbs '99, O. D. Evans 1900, A. L. Richards 1900, R. W. Stover '98, W. A. Adams '98, W. R. Collins 1900, H. R. Wadieigh 1900.

The exact date of the second trial, which will probably take place about the middle of next week, will be announced in Monday's CRIMSON.